Dr.-Ing. h.c. Eberhard von Kuenheim, born in Judyty, East Prussia, in 1928, has been a honorary member of the Board of Trustees of the BMW Foundation Herbert Quandt since 2016.
He was employed as a worker and trainee with Bosch from 1948 to 1950 and then went on to study at Stuttgart Technical College, where he gained a diploma in engineering in 1954. From 1954 to 1965 he worked for the machine tool manufacturer Max Müller in Hanover (now Gildemeister, Bielefeld), first as a production and sales engineer and then in the position of technical director. In October 1965 he was appointed chief representative with Quandt and, from September 1968 until the end of 1969, he was vice-chairman of Industrie-Werke Karlsruhe (IWKA).
In 1970, he was appointed CEO of BMW AG, a position he held until 1993. In May 1993, Eberhard von Kuenheim became chairman of the Supervisory Board of BMW AG. He served as chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Eberhard von Kuenheim Foundation of BMW AG from 2000 to 2010 and subsequently as honorary chairman of the Board of Trustees.